Design to Speak in Human Design
Around 31% of human beings have a design to speak.
A design to speak is a design with a defined throat center (purple in the graphic at the right), but no motor center (turquoise in the graphic at the right) connected to the Throat. In the natal chart of someone with a design to speak, the motor centers can be defined (colored) or open (white), but if a motor center is defined, then it does not connect to the Throat through a defined (colored) channel.
The defined throat center allows for constant and reliable self-expression of every center that is directly connected to the Throat. You have a reliable capacity for speaking and initiating conversations. Your inner authority will guide you and let you know where and when to engage.
• When the ajna center is connected to your Throat, your main way of expression is verbal and mental. The Ajna is about mental conceptualization. You can reliably express your beliefs, ideas, hopes and fears, insights, opinions, collected facts, or concepts for organizing others.
• When the spleen center is connected to your Throat, you can reliably express your survival intuition, depth, or practical solutions.
• When the G center is connected to your Throat, you can reliably express your sense of love, identity, direction and where you are heading in life.
A design to do is the polar opposite of a design to speak. They complement each other.
People with a design to speak often feel inadequate because our cultural bias suggests that everyone should be able to initiate change and to get things done like a design to do.
Around 40% of human beings have a design to do where a motor center is directly connected to the Throat. Transmuter and Builder aura types have a design to do. For them, it is a lot easier to get things going than it is for someone with a design to speak. For them, it is not natural to seek consensus and mostly they do not need to, they just act. If they do seek consensus and inform, they mainly do it for the sake of the relationship and because they honor you and the relationship with you - especially if they are aware of their impact on you. For a design to do, impact is love. Making a difference for others is love. Transformation and manifestation is the first department of people with a design to do, which is the polar and complementary opposite of a design to speak. If you have a design to speak and are expected to operate like a design to do, that is an expectation that has to be disappointed because it was incorrect to begin with. The true potential of a design to speak is of another kind.
If you have a design to speak, it is important to recognize that initiating things, transformation and manifestation is not your department and first task in this life, but there is nothing missing in you. Your great and irreplaceable strengths lie somewhere else:
• With a design to speak and a defined sacral center (Generator aura type), you are much better at sustaining your workflow instead of starting new projects. It even is easy for you to get stuck in what you are doing although it might not suit you anymore. In such a situation it can be very helpful to talk things through with someone in order to find a new direction that suits you better. In such situations, it can be beneficial to seek out the impact of a design to do or the company of someone who does not have a design to do, but who complements you into a design to do. But as long as change is not needed, you can be very satisfied just continuing to do your thing and maintaining what you love to do. Your sacral center keeps generating energy that wants to be spent, and this enormous energy of yours is your strength and power in this life - if you allow it to operate correctly by responding from the gut. Without Generators, life would not be what we know it to be. There would be no one to maintain it and to keep things going, continuously flowing and alive.
• With a design to speak and an open sacral center (Acknowledgist aura type), you are much better at recognizing what needs to be manifested and worked on, what can be manifested and how it can be manifested, than to do the manifestation and all the work yourself. You can be incredibly good at guiding others, so that they can manifest and do their work successfully, rather than wasting all their energy while being confused, disoriented, and inefficient. Your great talent is to guide others rather than doing all the initiating and work yourself. As you guide those to their success who recognize you, you become successful as well and you can rise with them. You are here to tap into other people's energetic fields and identity and to guide them according to who they truly are - one on one, one person at a time. Without Acknowledgists, essential guidance and orientation would be missing for many people.
Because no motor center connects to the throat center, transformation and manifestation mainly happens in interaction and it always comes through the outside. With a design to speak, it is essential for you to learn to enjoy idling or to just keep on doing your thing until the opportunity for change comes.
Sometimes, people with a design to speak can get quite demanding, attention-seeking, and they can cling onto a relationship that gives them access to do and that offers them a Throat-motor-connection. If you do that, you might alienate and repel people that are essential in your process. It is important for you to recognize what the other person brings into your life, and to hold respect and space for the both of you.
With your defined throat center, what you can consistently do is to speak and to initiate conversations. This is what distinguishes a design to speak from a design to wait. Whatever center is connected to your Throat can always express itself. Your inner authority will guide you.